How I Lost 19 Plus Pounds

There are a lot of diets out there; all of which promise huge success. They want you to commit to taking supplements and eat special foods they sell. They tell you to exercise 1 hr a day or more. Who has time for that? If I did I wouldn't be looking for a way to lose weight, I would already be in shape. I just want a way to lose weight and eat healthy foods easily found at my local grocery store and fruit stand. There has to be fat burning foods, I know they exist. But where can I find a list of fat burning foods and why aren't all the diet plans talking about them? Many plans make weekly weigh in's part of their plan. I saw my grandmother go through this. These sessions upset her each week.

 The worst part about this is they share your weight with everyone at the meeting and they berate you in front of everyone when you don't meet their standards. How is that supposed to make you feel re-assured and confident in yourself? I don't want any part of that and I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on fat burning supplements and pre-packaged foods. I don't even know what is in fat burning pills. To me, losing weight is all about making changes, not taking pills that block carbs and fat burning solution> drops you add to food during the day. What happens when I no longer want to be a part of that type of program? Do I gain all my weight back? Will I be able to plan my daily meal by myself, if I don't have someone to share what foods I ate and how much I ate with. I certainly won't have access to all the pills they sell. All I wanted was a simple way to lose weight and speed up my metabolism all while eating healthy fat burning foods. Is that too much to ask? Actually, it isn't.

All I wanted was a simple plan - to lose weight and be healthy. No strings attached. Well, here is what I did. I found a way where I can eat grocery store items, cook home cooked meals, eat out, and not take a bunch of pills. I mean, I wasn't lacking in the vitamin department when I had a physical, so why do I need all those pills. I learned about water and how important it is to my body. Each morning I drink 2 cups on the way to work. This is so easy I don't even think about it anymore. What else am I going to do while traveling around in my car. I also use a straw. I find it easier to drink the water this way and I actually consume more water by using it.

I also found out what foods burn the most fat and when to consume these fat burning foods. Do you believe these exist? Well, they do. And there are plenty of them. If taken at the right times these foods can burn an enormous amount of fat and give you energy. One example is potatoes. I know many people and fat loss critics say to stay away from potatoes. I learned that for moderate to very active people potatoes are actually good. Plus the standard potato can be fixed up in so many ways you can never get tired of them. I like to add chili to mine and make a taco potato. I no longer eat at Taco Bell and other fast food Mexican restaurants but still want to have that type of food sometimes. I just make my own. I make chicken tacos at home. I get the antibiotic and hormone free chicken and cook it in olive oil or on my George Forman Grill. They are the best tacos I have had and I never feel ill after eating them.

I exercise at my level. I found out that exercise can be anything. It can mean a walk around several blocks while getting some fresh air and it can mean doing push ups or jumping jacks with my kids at night. We change it up at my house. There are days when I walk on the treadmill, yes walk - not run, while watching my favorite shows. I tape them and when I am ready to walk I replay them. I get a little exercise in while being entertained. A thirty minute show minus commercials, which I skip, is about 15 minutes. I walk at a slow rate and watch two shows. In this time I can walk a little over one mile. This is a great stress reliever for me too. You don't need a gym membership to exercise. I actually had one, costing me money I could have used for more important things, and I spend one day there. It wasn't conveniently located and the hours did not fit my schedule. Plus it was always freezing in there and they didn't have anything to keep my kids occupied.

I have lost 19 pounds. I would like to lose a little more, maybe another 10 pounds. I don't want to be high school skinny as I hear on commercials. I was way too thin back then. I just want to fit into my clothes that sit unused in my closet. I made a promise to my dad while he was in hospice. He noticed my weight gain even when I couldn't see it. Maybe I just didn't want to see it. I was always so busy moving forward, like we do in this country, that I failed to look back and see what was missing. I forgot that taking care of me is how I will be able to take care of the other people in my life. I was on blood pressure medicine too (2 pills a day) and I wasn't even 40 yet. My doctor put me though a battery of tests to determine what was causing my high blood pressure. When nothing could be found,

I was told it must be genetics. This answer did not sit well with me. I decided that if I didn't have high blood pressure when I was 30 why did I have it now when I wasn't even 40. I started asking myself what was different from 30 to now. I also decided to make a change; the change my dad had wanted for me a long time ago. I decided to love me so I could properly love my family. It wasn't instant and there are still days I eat things I shouldn't but I am on the right track.